Owen is now officially sleeping in a big boy bed. I decided I was ready to try this on the first night of my track break. I figured I could afford to be tired for the next few weeks as he transitions into this new stage in his life. The first night went ok. I had to finally sleep in there to get him to fall asleep, I snuck out at 10:30, he got up again at 2:30, and I slept in there again until 4:30. Then he was up for the day when daddy got up at 5:30. So that was a short night
The following day I expected naptime to be a headache, but he cried for about a half an hour and then it was quiet. When I finally tiptoed upstairs I was pleased to find him fast asleep in his bed. That night, he again cried for about a half and hour and then fell asleep in his bed.
Last night was the 4th night in his bed and he cried once at 10:30, but only whimpered and went back to sleep. He then again cried at 1:00, which was more than a wimper, but he didn't run to his door. I went in his room, retucked him, sat with him, and was back in my bed within 9 minutes!! I am very proud of his progress! Hopefully by the time I got back to work in December he will be sleeping through the night with no problems!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment