Spring

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day!!

Yes, you read that title correctly, we are having a snow day in Vegas today!! This is the first snow day since 1979. Our house hasn't seen any snow on the ground, but parts of the valley had a couple of inches. In the three years that I have been here I have never seen the snow on the mountains be this low. It is gorgeous!

The airport was closed last night and part of today and the strip had significant snowfall, lots of people were taking their picture at the famous Las Vegas sign last night in the snow (according to the news broadcast)!

I am sure this will not happen again in the next 27 years of my teaching career here, so I am enjoying the relaxation day!

1 comment:

Paul S. Oglenski said...

All I see out the window here is snow. It stopped being gorgeous about a month ago

Love Dad