I am curious as to why picture perfect moments only last a millisecond.
This evening for example, Owen got out the Sequence for Kids game. We set it all up, he decided who got what color chip, we dealt the cards, and we were ready to go. He is the youngest so he gets to go first; he sat still, decided which card he wanted to lay, placed that card off to the side neatly (didn't throw it), placed his chip on the animal that matched his card, and then drew a new card. Then I took my turn, Daddy took his. And that explains the picture perfect moment!
Then the craziness started, Owen playfully put Daddy's chip on the board instead of his own, then said, "just kidding, daddy!" Next, he pushed all the other chips off the board. I put all the chips back in their original spots, just for Owen to take Daddy's chip and put his chip in it's spot instead, then when he got scolded, he took Daddy's chip, put it on top of his own on the same animal and said, "I'm just kidding, Daddy, we can share!"
Finally, he got up and started playing hopscotch across the board, that's when the game got cleaned up!
A few weeks ago, Gavin had to work late at school and so I had to eat dinner with the boys alone. Normally, getting Owen to sit at the dinner is a struggle, but this particular day he sat down with me, and for a millisecond I was eating and both boys were eating; it was a picture perfect moment and then.........
Owen threw his plate on the floor and said he didn't like it.
Oh the joys of parenthood!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment