Spring

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Owen is Four!!!

I can't believe my baby is four-years-old! I can still vividly remember driving to the hospital at 4 o'clock in the morning for our planned induction, how scared I was when I was wheeled into the operating room to have an emergency c-section, and the amazement I felt when I looked at his face for the first time!

Now I continue to be amazed with him everyday! The things that come out of his mouth crack me up on a daily basis, the knowledge he already knows makes me proud, and watching him interact with his little brother makes my heart melt.

Yesterday (his actual birthday), we of course, had to work, then we had an OB appointment, so we didn't get to pick him up until 5:00. Owen did have a birthday party at preschool, though! We did, however, celebrate by going out to dinner at Chili's (as requested by the birthday boy), then opened presents from Grandma and Grandpa, Aunts and Uncles, and had a little cake before bed!

Today, was the day of his party! I had such a great day with him. Gavin needed Owen to be out of the house so that he could get his presents out of hiding and wrapped, so I took Owen on a lunch date. First, we had to stop at the library and trade the old DVD's for new ones. Next, we took a quick trip to Kohl's in search of a new shirt for his birthday party, of course their was an awesome sale and as I wandered around the boys section looking for possible items to buy, Owen followed me around and was such a good listener. We have come a long way since the days where he would run away from us in department stores! I picked out about seven shirts and then asked Owen to choose which ones he liked. He narrowed it down to three. I happily purchased all three for a less than $10. Finally, we headed to MacDonald's for our lunch date.

I took him to the MacDonald's that had the play equiptment in it. While I waited for our food order, I decided to let Owen venture into the play area ahead of me. (I could see him through the window). He took his shoes off, placed them neatly in on the shelf, and then climbed into the tunnel, at every window he looked out at me and waved!

After I got the food, I settled down at a table and ate, while Owen played and came to get bites and then back to playing. At one point when Owen was actually sitting down and eating I asked him if he thought we should bring Max there. First, we discussed whether or not Max would be able to climb up the tunnel by himself, Owen assured me he could. After our little converstation I asked Owen, "so, should we bring Max here or should this be our special spot?" He decided it should just be our special spot!

When we got home from our date, I decorated his birthday cake (Thomas the train), and then it was time for his party! He told me he had a great birthday party, and out of the blue after everyone left, he said, "I love you, Mommy!" Ahhh, music to my ears!!

I look forward to another fun-filled year with our little man complete with the sweet little moments and all of his shinanigans, too!

No comments: