Whenever the kids have well checks at our pediatrician's office, they give us a checklist of things on topics of nutrition, development, safety, parenting, and appropriate toys.
As I scanned the Owen's list this time, I was pleased that we had already done one of the things on the "parenting" list: get a library card. Owen had asked the Librarian months ago when he could get his own card. The answer was when he was 5. When I reminded him of this shortly after his birthday he was very excited to get his card. He and I went alone so we could focus on the application process. I filled in everything, but made him write his own name where they asked for signature. He took his time and wrote both his first and last name on the line. Next, he received his card and again had to sign his name on the back of the card, which he did carefully. Finally, he was allowed to check out two items, next trip he could check out more, but he had to first prove he was responsible. He then chose two DVD's to check out. While we were in line he instructed me to stand by the door while he checked out all by himself. I obeyed and allowed him to have his moment, he kept looking back to make sure that I was really letting him do this on his own. He was very proud to check out his own materials!
And now, according to Doctor's orders, we need to be giving Owen some chores around the house. It's Doctor's orders, he can't argue with that right?
We were able to check on thing off Lyla's list too. For nutrition it states that we should be weaning off the bottle, Lyla is now a pro at the Sippy cup and does not use a bottle and really hasn't for over a month now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment