Spring

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's been a while,I know!

For those of you who actually read my blog, you must be wondering why I haven't posted anything in over a month!! The answer is, simply, life has been crazy.

For almost two and a half weeks we had family in town. First my mother and father-in-law, then two days after they arrived, my brother-in-law, his wife, and their two boys arrived. And we had six adults and three children living within 1300 square feet for three and a half days. Then some of them moved to a hotel, and the rest of us followed for a weekend filled with wedding festivities and more family members to visit with.


Then two days after that side of the family left, my parents flew into town for a week's visit. During that same week the new school year began. We also squeezed in a overnight trip to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon over Labor Day weekend.


When my parents left I spent a few evenings doing my usual new school year routine like making that first positive phone call to parents, ect., that I had neglected while they were here.


Then when we finally got a quiet weekend, I spent the whole weekend up in my room studying for the U.S. Constitution test that I have to pass in order to renew my teaching license that expires this coming March. Nothing like waiting until the last minute I know.


So every evening last week was spent reviewing the study guide and this past Saturday I took the test. I think I did pretty well, but I will find out at the end of the this week, since I paid extra to get my results faster! (Just in case I need to sign up for the next testing date to retake it).

During it all I have been battling morning...no morning, afternoon, evening, and night sickness, as I am now 15 weeks pregnant with our second child! And although we are thrilled the first trimester wasn't exactly enjoyable. I have now gone just about a week of feeling good after feeling absolutely miserable for the entire first trimester! I'm hoping the sickness is a sign that it's a girl, since I didn't have any sickness with Owen. We'll find out in a few weeks!

Not only have I been busy and sick due to pregnancy, our computer is deciding to die. So, I can't download any of my pictures off my camera. Well, I could, but it would take a year to get them downloaded and then uploaded and ready to share. I can use Gavin's work laptop for e-mail and blogging, ect., but not for pictures, so when we finally fix that problem I will have a lot to share!

Well, that pretty much sums up the past month of my life! Stay tuned for more blogs without pictures!

No comments: