Spring

Monday, September 22, 2008

What a Night!

Well, it finally happened, Owen successfully escaped his crib last night and it couldn't be worse timing. Gavin is in Michigan for his Grandma's funeral and Owen and I are here all by ourselves. Well, whether it was the 3 and a half hour nap yesterday or the teeth that are trying to come in, Owen was crabby at bedtime last night. At 8:00, I heard a loud thud from upstairs, I ran up the stairs, and found Owen standing in his doorway. So, we came downstairs and watched Baby Good Sport while putting ice on his forehead! (He's got a pretty good rugburn there)! Anyway, he went to bed pretty well then, and thankfully I called it a night early as well.

At 12:42 a.m. all the shinanigans started. Owen woke up screaming, nothing could console him, he was making no sense, he pointed for a book that was on the floor, I finally gave it to him and he laid down satisfied. But when I tried to leave the room he screamed. I finally was able to sneak out of the room and back into my bed, but then I was hungry. So, I came downstairs and got a snack. When I went back up I couldn't fall back asleep. I finally did drift off, and the screaming started again at 1:30, I laid on his floor again, but was paranoid that if I slept there I would oversleep, since Gavin wasn't home. I finally got back to bed and again at 2:30 he was up! Then again at 3:30. Finally at 3:30 I brought him into bed with me. He was screaming and pointing at the T.V.. When I asked him if he wanted to watch T.V. he stopped crying, shrugged, and looked at me as if to say, "well, if you'll let me." So I got Baby Good Sport and popped it into the DVD player.

Well, this did the trick and soon he was snoring next to me. At last I thought, let's get a good 3 hours of sleep in. I turned off the T.V. and he woke up, like a Dad or Grandpa napping on the couch watching a boring T.V. show, and when we go to change it they awake and say, "hey, I was watching that!"

Anyway, we slept on and off until 5:30, when he woke up and refused to stay in bed.

Needless to say he was asleep by 7:00 this evening and I am not far behind him. Hopefully, we get a good night sleep tonight.

No comments: