Spring

Monday, January 26, 2009

Naked!

Owen decided he wanted to sleep naked Saturday night. And wouldn't you know that Saturday is the one night that we didn't check on him before we went to bed.....

Owen took a two hour nap on Saturday, which means he took forever to fall asleep on Saturday night. Gavin had been up early and worked some extra hours at a competition at his school, so he fell asleep on the couch waiting for Owen to fall asleep upstairs so we could go to bed. (If we go to bed when he is still awake, he throws a fit and wants to be in our bed). At 9:35 I woke Gavin up and we headed to bed, because Owen had finally fallen asleep. I told Gavin not to go in and check on him because he had only been asleep five minutes and I didn't want to risk waking him up.

The next morning, Gavin and I were up before Owen and already downstairs having breakfast. Gavin went upstairs to get him when he heard him wake up and yelled into the monitor "help." I assumed Owen had pooped out of his diaper. Nope, instead he had taken off his diaper and PJ's and slept naked, resulting in wetting the bed of course.

We had just gotten a brand new mattress the previous Monday and had not yet purchased a mattress cover because we thought, "well, he is still wearing a diaper, we can wait on getting hte mattress cover." Needless to say, we now have a mattress pad on the bed.

Of course this little situation doesn't really surprise me, since Owen is always up to something, but the one positive thing I can say is at least he did not poop like he usually does right before he wakes up!!!!!

No comments: