Spring

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Unlocked!

So, with the new arrival date aproaching quickly, we have started giving Owen some more freedom in the house. The other day he wanted to be upstairs, so we opened the gate at the bottom of the stairs, locked all the doors upstairs except his room and then we stayed downstairs allowing him to busy himself upstairs. The next thing I know, I hear running water in the upstairs bathroom. Questioning whether Gavin actually locked the door, I sent him back up to check on Owen. Gavin ushered him out of the bathroom, shut the water off, locked the door (again), and then headed out the door to get the mail. Owen was still upstairs and I was resting on the couch, when once again, I heard running water in the bathroom upstairs.

I went upstairs to investigate. I walked around the corner and said, "Owen, how are you unlocking the bathroom door after we lock it?"

With a little twinkle in his eye and a smirk on his face, he walked over to a picture frame on the shelf, reached behind it and showed me the penny he used to unlock the door!! Which is exactly how we unlock the doors upstairs, but usually the pennies are about the door frame! I couldn't believe my eyes, that not only had he unlocked the door, but he put the penny back where he found it!!!

Oh, the fun we have in store for us in the future!

No comments: