Last Saturday we went to a birthday party for the daughter of one of our friends. The kids were playing outside and Gavin was in charge of watching Owen very closely because of the pool outside, and because I still can't do any heavy lifting and that means no lifting Owen. For the first hour and a half or so, Gavin was ready to pack up and go home, because Owen was trying every trick in the book to get by Gavin and go in the pool. Our friend Steve suggested we just dip his feet in, he thought if Owen felt how cold it was he wouldn't like it and stay away from the pool. I responded to this suggested very quickly saying, "oh no, he'll like it, I wouldn't try that." So, he continued to try and sneak behind trees to "fool" Daddy, or throw balls real close to the pool, so he would have an excuse to go by it.
We had finally gotten Owen interested in playing a little baseball in the area of the yard not by the pool for quite some time, until he wandered back to the other side of the yard. Gavin followed of course, but then the little boy who was playing baseball hit a ball all the way into the pool. Gavin laid down at the side of the pool to reach in and get the ball, and Owen took that opportunity to get very close to the pool...
While Gavin was reaching for the baseball, Owen sat down at the edge of the pool and dangled his feet in, as soon as Gavin stood up and made eye contact with him, he jumped into the pool. All I heard from across the yard, was "oh shit," and Gavin reaching into the pool. I ran over to the pool as Gavin was pulling Owen out. He wasn't coughing, he wasn't crying, and I'm sure if we let him he would have jumped right back in.
This kid is way too daring and is definetly going to cause my hair to turn prematurely gray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment