When Max was only 2 weeks old, Gavin took the camera to work to document a project that his students were working on. He came home and reported that somehting was wrong with the camera. The camera was a Cannon brand, the first Cannon we had died after 2 years of using it, we had just purchased this new one in January. We called the Cannon tech support number and they informed us that they could fix the problem, but that we would have to send it in and it could take 2 to 6 weeks to complete. Anyone who knows me, knows that I can not go 2 to 6 weeks without snapping a picture of my children. Especially, a newborn baby that will change significantly in 2 to 6 weeks.
Therefore, I informed Gavin that we would be taking the camera back to Best Buy and I would be taking Max in with us, and I would cry if I had to until they did something to help us out. Well, that is just what I had to do.
We went to Best Buy to ask what they could do for us. They first told us that according to the return policy, we could no longer return or exchange this camera, it was past 14 days old. But they could send it in for us to Cannon, so we wouldn't have to pay to send it in. Well, that really wasn't good enough for me, I was determined to leave there with a camera. I asked to speak to the Manager.
When the manager got there she restated what we had already heard. I put Max in his carseat on the counter and said, "I have a newborn baby, I bought his camera in preparation for his arrival, and I am not going to go 2 to 6 weeks without a camera." Of course, this was all said with tears in my eyes, and I'm not that good of an actress, they were real.
Finally, the manager said, "well, you could go back and get a new camera, you would have 14 days to return it." I thought, 'ok, now we are getting somewhere.' However, in her next breathe she said, "or I could return it under a no receipt return, and you could exchange it for a new camera." Even better!
So, that's what we did. They ended us getting more money out of us, because we opted to upgrade to a better camera of a better brand, so in my opinion it was a win-win situation. Bottom line, don't mess with a new mother whose hormones are raging!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment