Spring

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Family Hike and Ice Cream Treat!

Tuesday morning, immediatedly after breakfast we headed out to Red Rock Canyon to take a kid friendly hike. This was supposed to be the last day of nice weather before the wind picked up and the temperatures dropped for the rest of the week. When we got to Red Rock the wind was blowing so hard that I could hardly get my door open. This did not stop us from hiking. Luckily, once we started the hike we were sheltered and the wind didn't bother us.

I had read that this hiking trail was easy for children and had a seasonal waterfall. I love waterfalls so I decided this would be the hike for us. I did actually think Owen would walk, but turns out he is just more comfortable on his daddy's shoulders! Therefore, I had to wear the backpack with Max. It wasn't that bad though, except for when I was trying to balance to get across the river on the rocks. But Gavin carried Owen across and came back to guide me. It worked and we got to see the waterfall. Gavin and Owen even ventured close enough to feel the water on their faces from the water hitting the rocks at the bottom.
Owen did walk for a little while until dirt got in his shoe and he asked to ride on shoulders again!









After the hike we treated ourselves to an ice cream treat! Owen decided he was a big enough boy to have an ice cream cone instead of the usual scoop with m & m's.

At first Max was not happy, thinking that no one was going to share with him.

But then he settled down once a spoonful of ice cream came to his mouth and he enjoyed every bite!

Then we headed home so that Max could take a nap. I just couldn't get enough of the nice weather, so I sat outside with a book, while Owen played. Later, Owen insisted on going to play at the gym so I decided to get off my butt and go work out. Even though I did go for a hike that day! But it was refreshing, I do enjoy my time on the treadmill with my IPod!

No comments: