Two nights ago Owen reguested turkey lunch meat for dinner and asked to eat outside. I added a slice of cheese and some green beans to the plate, as well, and allowed him to eat out in the nice weather. He ate the cheese, a couple bites of turkey, but no green beans and came in to tell me that he wanted a cookie. I replied that he couldn't have a cookie unless he ate all his dinner, he told me, "I can't like my dinner, it yucky."
My response, "Oh well, no cookie unless you eat your dinner."
A little while later I was cleaning up the floor underneather where Max has been eating his dinner. I decided it was too messy for just the broom and got out the Swiffer Wet Jet. Owen saw what I was doing and asked if he could do it too. Still trying to get him to eat his dinner I said, "If you eat your turkey, I will let you mop." At that he ran to the table and put the whole piece of turkey in his mouth.
We mopped the kitchen, then entryway, and the bathroom.
I couldn't believe it, what kid won't eat for a cookie, but will eat for the opportunity to mop the floors? Apparently, mine! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment