Spring

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cookies and Cleaning

Most of today was spent making Easter sugar cookies and cleaning. Gavin had the idea to invite the Oranchak's over to watch the basketball game, which makes cleaning the house faster because it gives us a deadline, had to be done by 3:00!

When 3:00 rolled around Steve arrived with Ally and Jenna, but Shonna had to go back to the house to pick up Steve's sister, who is here visiting, and her son Rocco. Rocco was still sleeping, she said they would be back in an hour or so.

Before they arrived, Gavin had suggested that I let the kids decorate the cookies that we had left to be frosted. That turned out to be a perfect idea since I was alone with all the kids for a little while.



All three decorated at least three cookies, but soon the youngest and the oldest lost interest. I was left with just Jenna helping. She sat there the whole time and decorated every last cookie. In response to this quality time with Jenna I told Gavin, maybe I could just "rent a daughter" every now and then!



A little while after the decorating was done, Ally decided she wanted to do a little art project. Soon all of the kids joined in. It was fun to watch them all sharing the art supplies and creating their own age appropriate pieces of art. Owen with stickers, Jenna drawing and coloring, and Ally practicing her cursive writing!

Then as the kids started getting crazy, I decided to try out the talking egg that Grandma Sue and Papa Dan sent Max for Easter. The kids took turns hiding it and retrieving it. Of course, they all cheated and peeked as the egg was hidden, but it did keep them busy for a little while!

Then, at last, Shonna, Andrea, and Rocco arrived and I was no longer in charge of all the kids!

And at the end of the day the status of the playroom and the kitchen proves that a good time was had by all!!!

No comments: