Spring

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Back to Reality

And I'm back to the life of a working mommy! Monday was my first day back from being on maternity leave for 11 weeks. It went surprisingly well for my first day back. I left Max and Lyla in the hands of my mother-in-law and didn't shed a tear, until Owen to throw a fit when I dropped him off at preschool, which made me teary eyed. I got finally broke away from his tight grip on my thigh and drove to work. I was very thankful that "It Won't Be Like this For Long," or some other song that sings to a mother's emotions, didn't come on the radio!

I got to work and immediately had to stop in the office, because I realized I had forgotten my keys! I had to dig out my sub folder to get the spare key. Other than that, the rest of the day went very well. I was a little overwhelmed with how my desk looked with piles of papers that I weren't sure what they were, but throughout the week I started to sort and throw away and my room seems to be getting back in order!

Not only was it my first week back, but it was teacher appreciation week. Throughout the week LaPetite was having special things for their teachers. On Tuesday, it was flower day, we were supposed to bring on single flower. So, inorder to do this, Owen and I had to stop at Smith's on the way. Surprisingly, even with this stop, I made it to work early enough to sit in the parking lot and finish the last few sips of my coffee before heading in! But then on Wednesday, I decided to start feeding Lyla at 7:00, and was almost 20 minutes late for work!!! Luckily, we are supposed to be to school 45 minutes before we pick up any students! Thursday, we had to stop and pick up candy bars, and I made it to work ontime! Friday, I was within the time frame, too!

I started an exciting unit that I created in one of my Master's classes, which is fun along with all of the end of the year things going on it is sort of a no stress transition.

Lyla, has adjusted well, too. She seems to be getting into a three hour eating pattern, which is better than how she was when I was home with her, although, on Friday, she had a no napping day!

Max has not complained at all about not going to preschool, I think he is enjoying his time at home with his sister and Grandma!

I am fully aware that the true reality of being a working mommy of three will not set in until the start of the new school year in August, when my mother-in-law is not around and I have to get all three children out the door, but I am trying my best to practice now, by getting everyone dressed in the morning and fed breakfast, and I'll figure the rest out in August.

No comments: