I often say these words to Gavin, or "you're gonna miss this," when we are standing in the middle of 3 screaming children, usually around dinner time! I try to say it with a smile, but usually with tears in my eyes. These words are both comforting and sad all at the same time.
When I'm up at 3 am, or when I get kicked in the stomach while in a sound sleep because someone snuck in there, it is nice to think, this too will pass. But when I'm having an intelligent converstation with my 4-year-old, or hear my 2-year-old say, "I love you," in that sweet little voice of his, or when I see the two of them hug and kiss each other goodnight, or when I watch my 10 week old smile a little half smile, I find these words sad, because I want to hold on to those little moments.
I know that with each new phase brings even more fun and enjoyment, but I can't help but sometimes wish for time to stand still.
Last night we went to see Darius Rucker, and "It Won't Be Like This For Long," is just one title of many of his hit songs. Sometimes I feel like he is writing our life's theme songs, but really isn't that what country music is all about, the fact that everyone can relate to it?
Anyway, here is one song that brought tears to my eyes last night...
Another song, not by Darius Rucker, but by Trace Atkins, also brings tears to my eyes when I listen to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment