Spring

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Really?

Gavin and I went to lunch yesterday at Red Robbin. I had been craving a burger from there for weeks and we had the day to ourselves with Lyla, since they boys were at preschool.

We walk into the restaurant and the host asks, "just 2?" Gavin lifts up the baby carrier and says, "well, 3 if you count her." The host continues and asks if we want a sling for the carrier or if we just want to slide her into the booth. We ask for the booth. He turns to get the menus and mumbles to himself that he will give us a children's menu just incase. As he turns to lead us to our table, I can't refrain from smiling, in response to him giving us a kid's menu.

We get to the table, Gavin slides Lyla into the booth, she is clearly visable to the host, who looked at her, laid the kid's menu on the table, and said, "I'll leave this in case you want to get her anything!"

Apparently this young male host, has not been around children much, I laughed outloud when he left our table!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Too cute. I have enjoyed reading of your experiences with your children. It brings back memories. Enjoy them while you can as they grow up so quickly.