Spring

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Growing so fast


Lyla was born 6 pounds 15 ounces. Before we had brought her home she had lost about 8 ounces. At her first check-up, she was not back to her birth weight and the doctor was concerned. We left with strict orders to feed every two hours and bring her back in a week to be weighted. She was supposed to gain a half an ounce a day, we exceeded expectations at her weigh in, she weighted 7 pounds 11 ounces. At her one month check-up she weighted in at 8 pounds 14 ounces. Now, at seven weeks old, I don't know how much she weights exactly, but she has grown in the blink of an eye. Last Tuesday, I went to put my favorite 0-3 month sleeper on her and to my surprise I could not get it zipped, she was way to long for it. Without any warning my baby grew out of her 0-3 months clothing and is fitting nicely into 3-6 month stuff. Last Wednesday the 3-6 month items were still baggy, at the start of this week they are fitting nicely! Although, I did not want her to stay 6 pounds forever, and although I am very much content with this baby being our last baby, and can't wait to watch her interact more with her big brothers, it does sort of make me sad that she is growing so fast.

When Max was a baby he stayed in sizes for the full three months, in fact I was usually getting sick of dressing him in the same clothing and was looking forward to opening the next drawer with bigger sizes. I always had plenty of time to take a picture of him wearing my favorite outfit on him from each size. But Lyla seems to be more like her big brother Owen, who also only lasted in 0-3 month clothing for about 6 weeks.


***On a side note, when I held Lyla after her weight in at 8 pounds 14 ounces, I couldn't believe that Owen had been just about that big at birth!!! Amazing!***

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lyla is just beautiful and looks nice and healthy to me. I understand the wish for her to get bigger and interact with her brothers and also wishing that she would stay the same. You find yourself saying "This is the last time I will need,wear, play with or have to change a diaper".
By the way, my first baby weighed 11.3 lbs and never fit into newborn clothes!

Claire said...

Wow! Your first baby was 11 pounds!! That is amazing!

Sue said...

She looks like a beautiful, real life doll! Your chocolate problem has been on my mind. Do you pump breast milk, so she can get used to a bottle when you go back to work? If so, I would give her a couple bottle feedings while the chocolate worked its way through your system.

Claire said...

I do pump, but only to stock the freezer. It's ok, I am willing to make the sacrafice, I have found vanilla ice cream with carmel has been hitting the spot in the evenings, and fruit snacks have been satisfying my sweet tooth during the day!