I can't believe that our daughter has already been a part of our lives for two whole months. These past two months are pretty much a blur to me. Lots of sleepless nights make for days that just sort of blend in to one another.
Today was the first day in over six weeks that it was just the five of us waking up in our house. Which meant it was the first day that I had to take Lyla with me to take the boys to preschool and we made it!
I enjoyed a little quiet time with her this morning when Lyla laid on the floor for a half hour or so and smiled and cooed at me.
Lyla had her 2 month well check today. She weighed in at 11 pounds 1 ounce and is 22.5 inches long. This is the 50-75th percentile for both height and weight. It says on the paper from the doctor's office that you can't spoil a baby in the first 6-8 months, but I think we already have a spoiled baby on our hands. She sure does love to be held!
She also had three shots today and was not pleased about that at all. This evening she cried for over an hour, finally after a bath, a dose of tylenol, and a feeding, she is happily sleeping in her swing.
I am looking forward to another month of watching her grow, develop, and hopefully start sleeping better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
When I worked in the doctors office, my least favorite responsibility was giving the babies their shots. I had to keep reminding myself that it was for a good purpose. That is the only thing that kept me sane.
It seems like that time has flown by. Can't wait to get back and see all of you and spoil Lyla just a little more.
When my son turned 4, he had to go for allergy shots twice a week in both arms. He got used to it, but it was never his favorite part of the week.
Post a Comment