Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Big Helper
When Owen turned one we began a new nightly routine of clean up time before bed. Of course, in the beginning, Owen would just watch us clean up the toys. We would make a big deal, sing the clean up song and high five each other for doing a good job! Occasionally, he would pick up one or two toys and hand it to me as I put things in drawers and on shelves. This week, Owen has become quite the little helper. He will pick up toys from across the room and open the drawer and put them in himself! He will even put toys that belong in the closet back in the closet! Yesterday, Owen and I were playing with one of his puzzles. When we were done, he picked it up and handed it to me, telling me to put it away. I told him to put it away, instead, so he went to the shelf and set it on top of the other puzzles. However, he didn't stack it exactly how the other ones were stacked and he got mad. I think we might have a perfectionists on our hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment