Spring

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dare Devil Multiplied

Ok, so I thought going down the slide head first was dare devilish, but that is nothing compared to Owen's pool experience on Friday night. We were at our friend's house in the pool late Friday night, so it was dark out, but they have lights in the pool. Owen went in the pool with Daddy (Mommy was too lazy to put her bathing suit back on). Owen was splashing around having a great time and Mommy was talking with the other ladies who didn't want to put their suits on either!

Anyway, all of a sudden Owen decides to walk across the very shallow area, about knee deep on him, to the other step, climb out of the pool, and take of running. I quickly got up and went after him, but he is fast! He excitedly ran about 5 feet and simultaneously kicked Gavin's drink into the pool and jumped in! Luckily Daddy was ready to catch him. He still went under, even with his swimmies on and his Daddy catching him. I was freaking out, but we couldn't stop him. He proceeded to jump into the water, swim with Daddy back to the shallow end climb out and do it again. He jumped at least 10 times, giggling every time he came back up! Although a few times I grabbed him and gently handed him to Daddy in the water. My concern was that his lack of coordination would ultimately end in a head injury! So we decided enough was enough!

Owen definitely never ceases to amaze me! I really do wish we had captured this on video, but we didn't!

No comments: