Last night, Gavin and I were trying to organize our paperwork to get our taxes done, while Owen was performing his usual shinanigans upstairs instead of actually going to sleep. We heard him in the bathroom, but didn't bother to check on him because well we were busy and usually checking on him starts the whole going to bed process over again! When we finally did head up to bed we noticed that Owen's bathroom light was on. When I peeked in to turn off the light his duck toothbrush holder and little duckie stuffed animal sitting on the closed toliet caught my eye. When I went in to put them back on the sink I discovered a poopy smear on the top of the toliet, then I spotted the dirty underwear and PJ bottoms on the floor. I was horrified at first because well they were poopy and I didn't know where the poopy butt was! I looked in the toliet to discover that there was poop in the toliet too! As I turned to go to Owen's room he appeared in the bathroom doorway, fully dressed in a new pair of PJ's, (the shirt was on backwards).
From this experience I learned that my child is big boy enough to dress himself, complete with a fresh pair of underwear. Now, if he could only start a load of laundry and wipe his own butt we would be all set!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment