Febuary 16, 2006 is the day that I packed two suitcases and boarded a plane bound for Las Vegas. I left my husband of just 6 short months in Michigan to finish out his teaching contract for the year and I ventured on ahead to start my own teaching career. I had never been in Vegas before and I would be living with my brother-in-law. I was extrememly nervous to start this new chapter in my life, but I knew more than anything I wanted to have kids and Gavin had told me that we couldn't even think about that until we both had full time jobs. Well, after dozens of interviews and still no job, I decided to look outside of our comfort zone in Michigan and within days of submitting my application to the Clark County School District I was on a plane!
And exactly five years later on February 16, 2011, we brought our third child, the completion of our family home from the hospital, our daughter, Lyla Anne.
***I know this post is late, it would have been nice to post it on February 16th, but I was a little busy that day!***
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You took a real leap of faith in coming to L.V. alone. That had to be a lonely and stressful time. Now, with a family established here, do you consider this your home? I know it will never be the same as your Michigan roots and extended family. But you have embraced technology with family blogging and skype(?), so it has narrowed the distance; except for the element of physical touch. I don't think technology has gone quite that far, but who knows about the future!
Yes, we consider this our home. Michigan just has a snow storm last week, I'm not going back!!:)
Hi
Years ago my uncle who lives in Las Vegas wanted me to apply for teaching jobs in Vegas. He said I would get hired immediately. Being able o relocate is always key to finding a job. If you aren't willing it could take years and years to land a jib. Co gratis on your job and having our third child.
Post a Comment