Spring

Sunday, March 13, 2011

New Playground

In December we moved to our new home. This house has a significantly larger backyard then we had before. I thought it might be nice to splurge on a playset for the kids. I thought they would enjoy it and it would be something to keep them occupied for hopefully long periods of time!

We ordered it about a week ago and it was just delivered on Friday. I didn't tell Owen what was coming, but he knew that we were waiting for a delivery guy to come between the hours of 1-4 p.m. When the guy finally got there, Owen and I were standing in the garage waiting for him to get the two big boxes off the huge semi he had parked in the middle of our street. During this time, Owen was pestering me to tell him what the surprise was. He kept asking, "what is it, Mommy?" to which I would reply, "just wait, it's a surprise!"

At one point while he was waiting he just couldn't stand it anymore, he turned to me tugged on my shirt and said, "TALK TO ME, WHAT IS IT?!?!" I just laughed at this, and still did not spill the surprise!

When the delivery guy finally brought the boxes into the garage, Owen happily declared that it was a playground!

Here is a picture of what it looks like.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod1630458

It is taking a long time to put together, to which Owen and Max are being very patient. They are enjoying sitting on top in the treehouse part, while Daddy works on the rest of it!
I think we will get lots of use out of this in the upcoming years, and I am very excited to finally be able to push one of my babies in a baby swing in our backyard!

***Sunday afternoon on our way home from a friend's house, Owen asked, "Daddy, when we get home do you wanna help me put the playset together?"***

3 comments:

Sue said...

What type of cushioning material did you set it on? Sand is fun, but can be a hard landing from overhead and you always have the hazard of it becoming the neighborhood cat's litter box. Wood chips could create a splinter hazard. Rubber chips . . . chemicals? I did not know you had moved . . . multiple congratulations to you and your family!

Claire said...

We were thinking rubber chips, but those are quite expensive, we may go with just rock or woodchips, no sand, for the exact reason that I am not going to host the neighborhood litter box!

Unknown said...

Hi
I remember when my daughter got her back yard play set. She still plays on it and she's 13.