Spring

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Summer Reading List

For the past few months, we have been making weekly trips to the public library to get more DVDs for Owen. The DVDs can only be checked out for a week, which forces us to make the weekly trip to turn them in. Of course, he insists on getting more each week, which has resulted in a never ending cycle!

My point is that these trips to the library make me really want to check out a book. I absolutely love to read, however, with working on my Master's, working full-time, and raising a family, my spare time is limited. Well, and I love my sleep more than I love to read!:)

When I took Owen to the library on Monday, I decided to go ahead and get a book, I have a little bit of time every two hours, to sit and read a book, while I feed Lyla. Finally having a good book to read, leads me to think about all of the spare time I will have once I have finished my Masters, in just 5 more weeks!! (Who's counting)?

I am always reading books by the same author, Mary Higgins Clark, Danielle Steel, Nora Roberts. I would like to branch out a bit and try new books, but never know where to start. So, I found a summer reading list that Random House puts out. I think I will select a couple from this website and maybe fall in love with a new author! http://www.randomhouse.com/

4 comments:

erin said...

I've been reading Kristin Hannah books on Sarah's suggestion. Overall, good reads. The first couple of books were a little depressing, though. I just finished my third out of her books and I really liked it. It's called "The Things We Do for Love".

Twila said...

I remember when my son (now 17) was little. I could sleep standing up.

Michael always like the Dr. Seuss books---probably the rhymes.

Barbara Bush said...

Hi Claire
I also love to read but my time is limited. I recently purchased an IPAD and thus far I have bought two books on my Kindle Subscription. Battle Hymns of the Tiger Mom and Against All Odds. I have finished Tiger Moms and have read a chapter in Against All Odds. It will be a while before I can get back to reading for pleasure. I have so much work to do with my graduate studies I am not sure when I can get back to reading.

Sharon's Scoop said...

I will have to check this list out as soon as we finish this course. I also love to read but rarely have time.