Spring

Friday, April 15, 2011

End in Sight?

For the last several months, Gavin has set his alarm on his cell phone and gotten up with Owen at 12:30 am to take him to the bathroom. This seemed to eliminate the bed wetting issue. Throughout these several months we have had a multitude of discussions as to when we would be able to stop this process and he will just get up on his own. I jokingly have commented, "It has to stop sometime right? It's not like his college roommate or wife will be waking him up at night!"

Well, two nights ago, he was standing at the end of our bed crying, when we woke up we discovered he had an accident at the end of our bed. We were not upset about this, infact, we were thrilled, because we realized he woke up knowing he had to go potty, he just didn't make it to the potty.

Last night, he woke up twice on his own and got us to take him potty. For now, the alarm will still be set, but I am thinking that there may be an end in sight for this process!!! And his eyes twinkled this morning when I had him give me a double high five for being such a big boy!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I would say he is making great progress. It just seems to take time.

Sue said...

Congrats to Owen . . . and I can imagine the twinkle in his eye because he was gaining self confidence. Also, you and your husband are doing a great job of treating the concern so matter-of-factly to remove the stigma that so many children endure.